PROMOTE. CONNECT. EDUCATE
The Trade Development Alliance is Greater Seattle’s premiere international organization. Founded in 1990, we promote the Greater Seattle region internationally for business and trade, connect our companies and institutions with international opportunities and educate the public on topics related to the international economy.
The Trade Alliance is a regional partnership of the following entities:
Snohomish County, King County, Pierce County, Port of Everett, Port of Seattle, Port of Tacoma, City of Everett, City of Bellevue, City of Seattle, City of Tacoma, the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and organized labor.
- Create and distribute materials to brand the Greater Seattle region internationally for trade and business
- Coordinate the FDI Working Group, a network of organizations working together to attract inbound investment into Greater Seattle and Washington State.
- Raise awareness of Greater Seattle during our annual International Leadership Missions overseas
- Helped develop investwashington.org, a guide to assist foreign nationals with how to best engage with Washington State
- Manage the Seattle International Press Center to assist international journalists with their coverage of Greater Seattle and Washington State
- Connect visiting international business delegations and foreign dignitaries with TDA members and partners
- Organize sector-focused business missions to connect TDA members and partners with key companies, investors, and trade organizations in international markets
- Co-secretariat for the International Regions Benchmarking Consortium, a network of global metropolitan regions finding solutions for common issues and building globally competitive cities
- Host for one of ten North America PSLOs for the World Bank Group. The PSLO function connects local companies and institutions to procurement and export opportunities offered by the World Bank
- Organize educational programming for the public on topics related to international trade and business
- Educate our Business and International Leadership Mission delegates about the cultural and social business environments in foreign cities and countries
- Educate visitors from all over the world on what makes Greater Seattle an amazing place to live, work and do business
- Co-founded the Washington Maritime Federation, an association of associations to support and raise awareness about the maritime industry in Greater Seattle
- Present international opportunities to Greater Seattle organizations and businesses