Business and Trade Mission to Greater China:
Taipei, Hong Kong and Zhuhai – Mainland
Trip Dates: February 19-26, 2011
Organized by the Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle with assistance from the Washington State China Relations Council
Purpose of Mission
The purpose of this mission is to promote the Greater Seattle region as a world-class business center, its ports, and education resources. Delegates from the Greater Seattle region will have the opportunity to establish relationships and facilitate closer commercial ties with this dynamic economy. More specific objectives of the mission include:
- To enhance knowledge of the current economic conditions and business opportunities in Taipei and Hong Kong;
- To enable business delegates to meet specific business objectives, ranging from exposure to market opportunities to making individual contacts;
- To develop and expand relationships between the business, government and multiplier organizations in our region and those in Taipei and Hong Kong.
Top 10 Reasons Why You and Your Company MUST join us:
1. China is our largest business partner, Taiwan comes in at number five and Hong Kong at number sixteen
2. Greater China is an important market for Washington goods and Washington is an important market for Greater China
3. Taiwan and Hong Kong are excellent platforms to view China’s economy and politics
4. Two current major infrastructure projects will change the economy of the Hong Kong region and neighboring Mainland; a bridge is being built from Hong Kong to Zhuhai and a separate rail link for freight is nearing completion
5. Hong Kong and Taiwan are major logistics centers. In 2008 the Port of Hong Kong was ranked third globally with Singapore and Shanghai holding the first and second slots
6. Hong Kong / China and Taiwan sees Washington state as a valuable destination to send their students. Hong Kong / China is ranked third and Taiwan is fourth
7. Taiwan and Hong Kong has strong R&D capabilities. Taiwan alone has over 30 R&D centers of MNCs in Taiwan; Microsoft being one of them
8. China, Taiwan and Hong Kong are all top ten customers for Washington state agricultural products; China is number one, Taiwan seven and Hong Kong ten
9. Hong Kong and Taiwan are gateways to Mainland China and the ASEAN markets
10. The strategic and economic importance of Greater China to the U.S. and the Washington State in particular cannot be overstated. Learn more about relations among the three and with the U.S. and how management of these relationships affect your business.
Sat, Feb 19 Depart Seattle
Sun, Feb 20 Arrive Taipei
Mon, Feb 21 – Tues, Feb 22 Taipei
Tues, Feb 22 – Thurs, Feb 24 Hong Kong
Fri, Feb 25 Zhuhai, Mainland China
Sat, Feb 26 Depart Hong Kong for Seattle
Visa Application*Each delegate is responsible for securing your own visa.
For general registration information or if you have specific questions about the trip, please contact “A” Boungjaktha, at 206.389.7289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.