International Leadership Missions
We partner with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce each year to bring Greater Seattle leaders from government, business, education, and nonprofits to a dynamic international region.
The purpose of the trip is to foster stronger and deeper relationships and lasting connections with key global leaders and businesses for the betterment of the Seattle region economy.
- Learn from the best in the business – Engage business leaders in the fastest growing economies on their thinking, operations, and best practices
- Gain insights on Seattle’s competitiveness – Benchmark Seattle against the best global cities in the world
- Grow your business network globally –Build and enhance lasting partnerships with local business leaders
More information coming soon.
Objectives of International Leadership Missions
- Promotion of Greater Seattle
- To utilize the size and caliber of the delegation to build international awareness of Greater Seattle and its business, port, tourism, and educational opportunities.
- To develop a supplemental program of VIP visits, press and promotional opportunities to enhance the knowledge of our region or to target specific projects.
- Benchmarking - Learning from Other Cities
- To develop a program that enhances the ability of Greater Seattle and Washington state decision-makers to gain a unique insight to the best practices and triumphs of other successful cities around the world.
- To compare our region's success to that of other cities and implement lessons learned to position Greater Seattle as an even stronger international force.
- General Market and Business Relationship Building
- To capitalize on the unique opportunity the International Leadership Mission affords in having high-level Greater Seattle industry and government leaders collaborate and strengthen ties with the region we visit.
- To make intentional, focused efforts to develop relations for Greater Seattle with leaders of targeted sectors and industries in the cities we visit, corresponding to the strengths of our region.
- Local Relationship Building
- To enhance relationships amongst Greater Seattle and Washington state business, education, government and labor leaders within the delegation.
Where We’ve Been
- 2016: Hong Kong and Shenzhen
- 2015: Amsterdam, Netherlands and Brussels, Belgium
- 2014: Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2013: Paris, France
- 2012: Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and Santiago, Chile
- 2011: Scotland and England, United Kingdom
- 2010: Daejeon and Seoul, Korea
- 2009: Abu Dhabi and Dubai, UAE
- 2008: Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia
- 2007: Fukuoka and Kitakyushu, Japan
- 2006: Melbourne and Victoria, Australia
- 2005: Ireland and Northern Ireland
- 2004: Munich, Germany
- 2003: Shanghai and Suzhou, China
- 2002: Barcelona, Spain
- 2001: Stockholm, Sweden
- 2000: Berlin, Germany
- 1999: Sydney, Australia
- 1998: Singapore
- 1997: London and Bristol, United Kingdom
- 1996: Hong Kong, China
- 1994: Kansai Region, Japan
- 1992: Amsterdam and Rotterdam, Netherlands