Since its inception in 1991, the Trade Development Alliance (TDA) exists to PROMOTE the Greater Seattle region in global markets, CONNECT the region—its businesses and organizations—to those markets, bring the region together to be more globally successful and EDUCATE our region on the importance of engaging in international business and trade.
The mission of the Trade Development Alliance is to enhance the identity of Greater Seattle in global markets by convening regional stakeholders, executing outbound missions, hosting inbound delegations, producing marketing collateral, and organizing educational programming.
The Trade Alliance is a regional partnership of the following entities:
Snohomish County, King County, Pierce County, Port of Everett, Port of Seattle, Port of Tacoma, City of Everett, City of Bellevue, City of Seattle, City of Tacoma, the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and organized labor.
The Trade Development Alliance holds Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) with many major global markets. These agreements provide platforms for economic engagements and exchanges between the Greater Seattle region and our international partners.
- Northeast Asia
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Beijing Sub-Council, China
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Shenzhen Sub-Council, China
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Guangzhou Sub-Council, China
- Guangzhou Administration and Service Center for Foreign Investors, China
- Luohu District, China
- North American Representative Office of Shenzhen, China
- Suzhou Municipal Government, Jiangsu Province, China
- Xi'an Municipal Bureau of Commerce, China
- City of Fukuoka, Japan
- Daedeok Innopolis Venture Association, Korea
- Daejeon Metropolitan City, Korea
- Importers & Exporters Association of Taipei, Taiwan
- Taiwan-USA Industrial Promotion Office, Taiwan
- South Asia
- Confederation of Indian Industry, India
- Greater Mysore Chamber of Industry, India
- Southeast Asia
- Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation, Malaysia
- Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Vietnam
- Central Asia
- Chamber of Commodity - Uzbekistan
- Middle East
- Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development, UAE
- Dubai Department of Economic Development Foreign Investment Office, UAE
- Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone (JAFZA), UAE
- Kocaeli Chamber of Industry, Turkey
- Turkish Exporters Assembly, Turkey
- Nantes Metropole, France
- Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, Spain
- Bristol Chambers of Commerce, U.K.
- Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce, U.K.
- London Medicine, U.K.
- African Union Mission
- City of Melbourne and Invest Victoria, Australia
- Christchurch New Zealand Trade Alliance, New Zealand