The Trade Alliance internship program is designed to give qualified Washington state students an opportunity to work in the exciting, fast paced area of international trade and business. Interns will work for a regional trade organization and will have the opportunity to gain skills in writing and analysis, international protocol, events planning and more. Read about our recent interns and some of their projects, below.
The Trade Alliance offers two types of internships: the Bill Stafford Internship, a paid internship for college and university students in Washington state; and an International Internship for international students studying in the Greater Seattle region. To learn more and to apply visit our apply page.
Recent intern projects
- Identifying top foreign markets for Greater Seattle’s leading industry sectors and creating criteria for where to take future outbound missions
- Created briefing materials for outbound mission delegations
- Published international news stories on our website and newsletter
- Updating the Trade Alliance’s list of regional and international media contacts
- Compiling a listing of all the major foreign media outlets in the US from our target markets
- Developing website content on foreign markets for our outbound missions
- Assisting with organizing regional study missions
A non-profit organization, the Trade Alliance depends upon contributions for its paid internship program. The Trade Alliance operates an intern fund within the Center for Community Service (501c3).