With a diversified, high tech economy, thriving entrepreneurial culture, and quality of life unsurpassed, Greater Seattle is a great place for your business.
We are home to a diverse array of industry clusters. The largest aerospace cluster in the U.S. is located in Greater Seattle as well as the largest software manufacturer in the world. Our talented workforce also specializes in the life sciences and biotechnology, research, logistics and trade, maritime, clean technology and fashion.
FORTUNE 500 firms
Global industry leaders are located in Greater Seattle. They include Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, Weyerhaeuser, Costco, PACCAR, Nordstrom, Tableau and Expeditors International.
Strategic geographic location
The Greater Seattle region is strategically located equidistant by air to the major global markets of Asia and Europe. Our ports of Everett, Seattle and Tacoma are actually the closest seaports in the US to Asia and the Russia Far East.
Skilled and talented workforce
Talent is mobile and can choose to live pretty much anywhere. The presence of industry leaders, highly educated workforce, great quality of life and supportive business environment attract and retain global talent.
- Equidistant by air to Asia and Europe
- Ports of Seattle and Tacoma together represent the third largest container load center in the U.S.
- Home to nine FORTUNE 500 companies
- 37% of the population holds a bachelor’s degree
- Home to the highest concentration of aerospace engineers, multimedia artists and animators, software developers (applications), and architects and engineers in the U.S.
- Nearly half of community and technical colleges in Washington state are located in Greater Seattle
- The University of Washington regularly receives the highest level of federal funding of all public universities in the U.S.
- Around 40 per cent of all jobs in Washington state are linked to trade