INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP MISSIONS
The International Leadership Mission is organized by the Trade Development Alliance and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. The mission brings regional leadership to a leading metropolitan region of the world each year to study and learn from their successes and challenges experienced when competing in a global economy.
This week-long program matters for Greater Seattle, one of the most internationalized regions in the United States, and Washington state, the most trade-dependent state in the country. In order for us to move forward and stay internationally competitive for the future, we must develop lasting relationships with our global partners and find inspiration from the best practices and innovative programs around the world.
May 16-22, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands and Brussels, Belgium
Join us as we brand Greater Seattle in two major European cities
Registration will open in September 2014
General info: Tamara Thorhallsson, 206.389.7301
Sponsorship: Emmy Jordan, 206.389.7247
- Promotion of Greater Seattle
- To utilize the size and caliber of the delegation to build international awareness of Greater Seattle and its business, port, tourism, and educational opportunities.
- To develop a supplemental program of VIP visits, press and promotional opportunities to enhance the knowledge of our region or to target specific projects.
- Benchmarking – Learning from Other Cities
- To develop a program that enhances the ability of Greater Seattle and Washington state decision-makers to gain a unique insight to the best practices and triumphs of other successful cities around the world.
- To compare our region’s success to that of other cities and implement lessons learned to position Greater Seattle as an even stronger international force.
- General Market and Business Relationship Building
- To capitalize on the unique opportunity the International Leadership Mission affords in having high-level Greater Seattle industry and government leaders collaborate and strengthen ties with the region we visit.
- To make intentional, focused efforts to develop relations for Greater Seattle with leaders of targeted sectors and industries in the cities we visit, corresponding to the strengths of our region.
- Local Relationship Building
- To enhance relationships amongst Greater Seattle and Washington state business, education, government and labor leaders within the delegation.